Sunday, January 30, 2011

Garrison Smoke Detectors Beeping

Northanger Abbey. Art made

I read that it was his most ironic and fun. But I tend to emphasize details that had not read in other works of Jane Austen, or at least that I remember. This is my fifth book Austen.

as soon as I start new heroine the author calls his protagonist, Catherine Morland, a term which then followed using frequently. Once
wrapped in a deep analysis on it (very typical of Jane Austen), and after the relevant meetings prevailed in Bath, to which he was invited, I find myself suddenly with an extensive critique of Jane Austen to authors denigrating the books that were under the genre of novel. It was surprising read his upset. The storytelling was for a time in the background, and later I realized that the dialogues of the characters still had references to that criticism. The most novel and interesting.

To me, the most entertaining and substantial was the Bath, that's where the heroine makes good and bad friends, put forward in love and there are adverse and favorable events that take Northanger Abbey.
In Northanger, the book changes to almost see it as a sequel. I confess that terrifying adventures that Catherine imagines about the abbey, influenced by his taste for Gothic novels, I entertained a lot, even exasperated me that so dominated his imagination. Although ironically these suspicions about a character were not entirely wrong ... That side also Gothic was something new, a new ingredient to spice up their romantic stories.
To all this, imagine what the''hero''is for Catherine suffered setbacks and overcame using his good nature and patience.
As the male character, Mr. Tilney, comes to be captivated by their conversations and interesting opinions, but I thought the actor most discreet of all I've known of Austen. I do not leave much trace.
As always, the study of the characters is flawless.

could not miss seeing the characters represented. So I saw this excellent adaptation of 2007, which is true to the book and nothing heavy. Felicity Jones is the one who gives life to the imaginative and naive Catherine Morland and JJ Feild represents Mr. Tilney, is the first time that I act and I think they have been correct as well as others.
By the way, this actor does not it remind you a bit to Jude Law?

best, the ambience (especially of the abbey), dialogues and performances.
A recommended film to be entertaining, although undoubtedly recommend the book before. HERE leave the option of seeing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment